Since I started blogging, sometimes itchy fingers, I’ll do some editing of photos…like what I did for the Magic Cream posting and also the most recent Faythe 9 months old posting. Some friends has asked, hey how you do that? OK lah, since got so many fans..I kasi some simple steps for you all..you can go home and try it out.
A picture with some part black & white, some part colour.
- Decide which one to be colour, which one is black & white. In this case, I select the pillows to remain coloured, the rest black & white.
- Select the LASSO tool, the one of the right side, 2nd row. There are 3 types of the tool, i like the magnetic one best, it’s like joining dots when we were young.
- OK, now you can start to use the LASSO magnetic tool, to select the area. In this case, to make my life easy, I select the pillow area, cause it’s less work to do.
- Just move around the LASSO near to the lining of the pillow, it will automatically mark it for u with dots.
- Just remember, where you start, you got to stop back at the same place..like when we use to play join the dots game.
- Once it’s done, you’ll see like dotted lines around the first pillow.
- Before you move on to select the next pillow, make sure the SELECTION mode button is selected properly.
- It’s shown on the top row of the ermm..tool bar?? With 4 different squares, one is just one itself, one is 2 overlapping, one is subtract of the selection & one is intersect.
- For this case I’m selecting 2 items, so it’s 2 boxes overlapping button.
- Now continue to select the next pillow and finish joining the dots.
- OK now it looks like 2 pillows selected, with dotted lines around…
- To touch up…magnify the picture big big..and ensure that the lines cover exactly the pillow, if there are some areas not covered or over covered..use the Polygonal LASSO tool to play around with it to select or deselect those areas.
- When you use Polygonal Lasso, it doesn’t have the automatic dots like the other one, so you have to keep on clicking when you want to select that area.
- The most important tool here is both the LASSO and the SELECTION mode button on top. Try it out and you’ll know and learn that fast.
- OK now done. I’ve selected the pillow, but I want them to be coloured.
- The rest of the area suppose to be black & white.
- Do a Select, Inverse option. This will reverse whatever you’ve selected, meaning now the selection is everything but the pillows.
- Then press Ctrl+Shift+U (shortcut for desaturate – as in change colour to black & white)
- Now click on the Marquee Tool (first icon on the left) and just click your mouse anywhere…it will clear off whatever you selected just now.
- There you go, the first black & white + coloured photo…hehehe…I call it dual tone effect.