I was tagged (again!!) by New Parent. 8 random facts about my Mom. Whoa…this is a very much reminiscence tag since Mommy has gone to meet Father of Heaven 16 years ago. To start it, I’m attaching a pic of my Mom and myself, taken when i was in Kindergarten (6yrs old).
So here are the beautiful facts bout my mom:
- She’s short – yes, she’s only 5″ I think. When I was Std 6 (12 yrs old) I was already taller than her LOL
- She’s a great cook – she started cooking when she was in her teenage life, helping up with family business (sell *chap fan* – chinese rice). So she learned all the best cooking skills from my grandma. It’s really a pity I didn’t manage to pick up any skills from her but only cooking soup.
- She’s a tailor – yup, she can sew very well too. And you see this photo, the dress is sewn by her!! And even the one she’s wearing, it’s also made by herself. I can still remember all my clothes (school or leisure) is home made before she left us. And we can always have special request. My special request is always the pocket gotta be extra deep (for school uniform) and belt gotta be thick.
- She’s a strict mother – Don’t expect pampered life if you are her children. We are all trained to do all house chores by age of 10. She always wants us to be independent due to matters in the family. Fearing that we might not survive if she dies early. And she is just so right bout that.
- Multi-tasking woman – Not only she takes care of the family, she also helped my Dad’s business by doing simple accountings and secretarial work. Though she’s only educated till Std. 6, she still strive to learn.
- Loving – My dad never did shower us with a lot of love, he spends most of his days working. But Mom was the one that always brings us out, for holidays (with relatives), for movies, for shopping.
- Strong person – despite being 2-timed by my Dad, she still remain strong and took the right steps to move fwd with the family relationship. She bite the bullet for the sake of the kids.
- Not so skillful driver – yeah…..that’s what my Dad quotes her, cause she always gets into mini accidents while fetching us. I must agree with Dad on this. And each time she drives, I’ll be eating my lunch in car (after school) and soon after lunch, I have to force myself to sleep if not I’ll throw up cause I’m so dizzy hahaha….I’m more like a man driver myself compared to my MOM.
OK, so much so this is a post dedicated for my MOM. We miss you…..
Not passing to anyone.