Last week, I bought some cookbook with Indon language for the maid to master her cooking. This is the 4th week we’ve been eating at home Mon-Fri. Sometimes out of idea for soups, especially when I try not to repeat it. But I quite enjoy this, and the maid also has more things to do in the evening. Here’s a very yummy soup that the maid learned from the cookbook, it’s pretty easy to make and children loves it.
1/4 – 1/2 winter melon
1 can corn in cream (can purchase from supermarket)
RM2 minced pork/chicken meat
1-1.5 litre water
- Boil water in a pot
- While waiting for water to boil, cut the wintermelon into cubes
- When water is boiled, pour all the wintermelon in, boil the wintermelon till soft
- Pour in the corn in cream while waiting for the wintermelon to soften
- Then add in minced pork bit by bit, can shape into meatball as well if you wish
- Cover the pot, put slow fire and simmer for 10-15 minutes more
- Use a fork to test the melon if it’s soft enough
- Add in the beaten egg and stir to get the flowery egg effect
- Add in some salt to your taste
- Ready for drink liao…yum yum..here’s a pic of the soup, the ones that looks like cubes n cubes of ice, those are the transparent wintermelon. The minced pork can’t be seen (sunken underneath). Daddy & Faythe loves the soup…finish the whole bowl hahahaha…..